We gather together in spiritual community because we need constant reminders of what matters most in life. In a world of heartbreak and dehumanization, our congregations and communities call us to our better selves. We learn to live with more wisdom, more connection, and more compassion.
We number nearly 100 adult members and 25 children and youth. Some say that there is no such thing as a “typical” UUP Sunday service. Several things can be said, though.
We gather at 11:00 a.m. for pre-service social time, which includes snacks, coffee, tea and juice. Worship begins at 11:30 a.m. Our worship services include plenty of music, poetry, silence, sharing of ritual words and a message of the morning.
Twice each month, our half-time minister leads worship and delivers the message of the morning. On the other Sundays, our congregational Worship Associates lead.
We may have a guest speaker, a member of UUP speak or we have participation services where all are invited to share on the topic of the day.
Dress is casual – wear what makes you comfortable!
Children stay in the service for the first 15 minutes or so, which includes a story for all ages; then they have classes with our Director of Religious Education assisted by volunteers. Children and youth are welcome to stay for the whole service or go to classes. Visiting children and adults are welcome in our classes. We provide childcare for the very young during worship.
Our youth typically meet at 12:30 after the regular service, in the Loft.
- No food or drink (except water) in the worship space
- You are welcome to go to the UCC service that starts at 9:30 am
- Please don’t hang out in the back of the sanctuary waiting for UCC worship to end
- You are welcome to come early and socialize in the fellowship hall until our UUP service starts at 11:30 am
- Worship Associates have access to sanctuary for setup at 11:00 am
- Choir may practice in sanctuary 11:00 – 11:30 am