- Ethical growth: internalizing enduring values like justice, equity, and compassion, and gaining tools to act on them in everyday life.
- Social growth: connecting with peers and people of all ages on a deeper level. Finding acceptance among people who see beyond the superficial.
- Spiritual growth: feeling a connection with the sacred within, among, and beyond us.
- That all children are inherently valuable, without regard to gender, race, religion, family background, economic status, appearance, abilities, health, possessions or any other factor;
- That all children have the right to feel good about themselves exactly as they are;
- That a child’s value is unconditional. Nothing the child does, says or chooses can change that.